Also available in: 繁體中文
Download the INSIDR Paris Night Bus map here!
Our Paris Night Bus map and guide will show you how different the city is when the sun goes down. Many people, locals and travellers alike, will agree that Paris’s night scene is vibrant with so much to offer. Choices are infinite for restaurants, bars and clubs. However, your choices of getting home are limited, especially when it’s already past midnight. The Paris metro terminates its service just after midnight, taxis can be very hard to come by, and ridesharing providers often surge in prices during these late night hours. This is where the Paris Night buses come in play.
Most travellers are probably not aware that Paris operates different bus routes for after-hours. These night buses run by the RATP are called Noctilien. The Noctilien service is comprised of 48 buses that operate throughout the city all night long. The service starts from 12:30 am and terminates just about the same time as the day buses and the metro recommence their operation at 5:30 am.
Paris Night Bus Map: where to find the buses
There are 5 hubs where most of the night buses start or end their routes: Châtelet, Gare de Lyon, Gare de l’Est, Gare St Lazare, and Gare Montparnasse. These 5 train stations are also the biggest and busiest transport hubs in Paris. During day time, several subway trains, suburban trains, regional trains, national and international rail services go through these stations. The Noctilien night buses end their routes at several different stations located outside of the Paris city limits.
Tickets for the Noctilien night bus are the t+ tickets which are the same as regular metro & bus tickets. A t+ ticket costs €1.90. You may travel on the Noctilien night bus network using a Navigo monthly, weekly or annual travel pass, Imagine R student travel pass, Mobilis and Paris Visite travel passes.
Please remember that unlike the metro, your t+ ticket is only valid for 1 ride. Therefore, should you need to transfer bus lines, you must have another ticket with you. In addition, your t+ ticket is only valid between the first 2 zones.
For example: traveling from zone 1 (Paris center) to zone 3 (Paris suburb)
From zone 1 to 2 = 1 t+ ticket
From zone 2 to 3 = another t+ ticket
Where to buy tickets
You can buy t+ tickets from any of the ticket machines you find at the metro and train stations. For passes like Navigo, Imagine R, Mobilis and Paris Visite, you can buy them from staff at select metro stations. In addition, you can buy a t+ ticket for your Noctilien bus ride onboard from the driver himself.
Paris Night Bus Map: services to the airport
The night bus service isn’t only for those who like to stay out late in Paris. This service is also a solution for people who have to catch flights at odd hours. Taking the night bus will be a longer journey but it will be 90% cheaper than booking a taxi or a rideshare to either airports. Usually, a ride to the airport have a flat rate of €50.
CDG is in zone 5 and Orly is in zone 4 which means they are outside of the first 2 zones in Paris city. If you’re departing from Paris to go to either airport, you’ll need to use more than 1 ticket. For example:
Traveling from Gare de l’Est to CDG = 4 t+ tickets
For Orly Airport
4 Noctilien night bus lines serve Orly Airport. Make sure to get off at Aérogare Orly Sud.
– Noctilien Ligne N22 from Châtelet, as of about 1:00 am; buses come about every 30 minutes on weekdays and weekends
– Noctilien Ligne N31 from Gare de Lyon, as of about 1:00 am; buses come about every 30 minutes on weekdays and weekends
– Noctilien Ligne N131 from Gare de Lyon, as of about 2:00 am; buses come about every hour on weekdays and weekends
– Noctilien Ligne N144 from Gare de l’Est, as of about 1:00 am; buses come about every hour on weekdays and weekends
We also have a comprehensive guide if you need information getting from Paris Orly Airport to Paris city center.
For Charles de Gaulle Airport
2 Noctilien night bus lines serve the Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle Airport. Make sure to get off at Aéroport CDG T3 which is the last stop for both lines.
– Noctilien Ligne N140 from Gare de l’Est, from about 1:00 am; buses come every hour on weekdays and weekends;
– Noctilien Ligne N143 from Gare de l’Est, from about 1:00 am; buses come every 30 minutes on weekdays and weekends;
And if you need help getting from CDG Airport to Paris city center, we have a complete for that, too!
Paris Night Bus map: going sightseeing
Attractions you’ll find along the route
The best line among all of the Noctilien routes is Ligne N24 bound for Gare de Satrouville. This bus line departing from Châtelet passes by the Louvre museum, the Tuileries garden, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. If you’ve already been to these places during daytime, wait until you see how beautiful they also are at night! The illuminated pyramid of the Louvre is especially captivating. It’ll be the perfect time for you to take photos without the hoards of people!
Download your Paris Night Bus map here!
Paris Night Bus Map: tips
– To get the bus schedules in real time, we recommend downloading the RATP app as it is updated regularly.
– Make sure that you keep your belongings with you at all times. Don’t forget to check your seat for any stuff you might be leaving behind before getting off the bus.
– Oh! Another obvious tip would be to do your best and not fall asleep on the bus if you don’t want to miss your stop!
– And to stay connected all night to post your photos and share your stories with friends and family, don’t forget that you can trust our INSIDR smartphone to equip you all night long with powerful 4G data.
Paris Public Transport Guide
Go beyond just mastering the Paris Night Bus map! To know more about using other forms of transport in Paris, getting the right transport tickets and traveller passes, we recommend that you bring with you our Paris Public Transportation pocket guide.
This pocket guide comes in a PDF file that you can conveniently keep in your phone or tablet and take out as you navigate Paris. You can request for your FREE Paris Public Transportation guide here.
More INSIDR tips about Paris Public Transportation!
In addition to our INSIDR Paris Public Transportation guide, read our updated articles about Paris transportation:
– How to travel from the airport to Paris
– Using Public Transportation in Paris
– Paris Navigo Pass
You liked our Paris Night Bus map? There are more free INSIDR Travel resources for you!
1- Paris neighborhood maps !
2- More Paris practical maps
3- INSIDR free travel guides!
Also available in: 繁體中文