There are tons of things to do in Paris in August. The city has all types of activities made for everyone during the warmer months and the last few weeks of summer are no different. From festivals to funfairs, there are all type of things to do this summer that you won’t want to miss out on!
As August has only just begun it is the perfect time for us to share some of the best events, deals, and activities that you can do this summer. So here is our list of the Best Things to do in Paris in August 2019!
Things to do in Paris in August:
FUN FAIR AT THE TUILERIES
One side of the Jardin des Tuileries has been completely transformed since June into a huge funfair! There is a Ferris wheel, incredible rides, delicious food stands and more! Luckily it won’t end until the 25th of August so you have a good three weeks to go and enjoy some fun time there. The best part of it all? The entrance is free and each activity is only between 3€ – 15€. So go enjoy a yummy waffle or churro and go on a few rides it will definitely be worth it!
- Times: Opened Everyday till August 25th from 11:00 am to 11:45 pm (12:45 pm on weekends)
SUMMER SALES CONTINUE UNTIL AUGUST 6TH
Paris has some of the most incredible sales in the summer months. All of the stores in the city make reductions during these weeks. Many of the stores have reductions ranging between 20% to 80%. off It is the best time to go to all of your favorite places and enjoy some really incredible sales! The sales officially end on August 6th, so make sure to go to some of Paris’s top shopping districts to enjoy it before it ends. Your favorite stores like H&M, Zara, Galeries Lafayette and all the little boutiques in Paris are all going to have their last blowout sales in the first week of August so make sure to take advantage.
Le BHV Marais
While Le BHV Marais will also end their sales on the 6th of August, they are a part of an array of events that will be happening in the trendy Marais district until the 18th of August. Between trendy rooftop terraces, the bistros on the paved streets, along with a delicious array of gourmet, design and even the little memorabilia souvenir options, Le BHV Marais is giving visitors the opportunity to experience a taste of summer as a true Parisian in Le Marais! One of their offers is “A Maraisien Adventure” tour. It’s a tour of the beautiful and artistic Marais district that showcases some of the best parts and hidden secrets of the neighborhood.
Le BHV Marais has been a huge part of the neighborhood’s history so they are the perfect guide to walk you through its historical past and its current culture and trendy scene. This exclusive guided tour is free with any purchase that is 175€ and over or you can book here to pay for the tour directly for 15€. It is definitely a cool experience that you will not want to miss out on! The offer ends on the 18th of August!
- Address: 52 Rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris
If you want to have more deals at Le BHV Marais and other Parisian stores make sure to download our Shopping Passport!
ROCK EN SEINE
Rock en Seine is one of the biggest concerts in Paris each and every summer. It takes place right outside of Paris at the Château de Saint-Cloud park from the 23rd August to the 25th of August, 2019. Some of the performers include The Cure, Major Lazer, Jorja Smith, The Foals and more! You can check out all the artist who will be performing at the festival as well as the official schedule and direct ticket link on their website! Its a great activity for any music lovers!
LA VILLETTE CINEMA
La Villette hosts an open-air cinema in the summer months. The event showcases a variety of well known and loved films in both English and French. The best part about it? It’s FREE! So get some chairs, good snacks and drinks and go enjoy a lovely night watching a great film! La Villette is typically open from 7 pm, however, many of the films do not start until dusk so around 9.30 pm.
Here is the list of films that will be played in August:
- Thursday 1st August: Captain Fantastic by Matt Ross
- Friday 2nd August: Snowpiercer by Bong Joon-Ho
- Saturday 3d August: La Fugue by Jean-Bernard Marlin followed by Wall-E by Andrew Stanton.
- Sunday 4th August: A River Runs Through It by Robert Redford
- Wednesday 7th August: The Congress by Ari Folman
- Thursday 8th August: Oslo by Joachim Trier
- Friday 9th August: Isle of Dogs by Wes Anderson
- Saturday 10th August: Corps Perdu by Lukas Dhont followed by Ready Player One by Steven Spielberg
- Sunday 11th August: Lost Horizons by Frack Capra
- Wednesday 14th August: The Gleaners and I by Agnès Varda
- Thursday 15th August: Erin Brokovich by Steven Soderbergh
- Friday 16th August: Children of Men by Alfonso Cuaron
- Saturday 17th August: Je sens le beat qui monte en moi by Yann Le Quellec followed by Under the Skin by Jonathan Glazer.
- Sunday 18th August: Blade Runner – Ridley Scott