What to do in Paris in One day? There are actually a lot of things you can do in just one day in the city. Whether that is site seeing, museums or eating great food, you can achieve all of this in a limited space of time! Once you plan in advance and book in advance you are sure to have an easy and fun day!
So, to help we have curated a list of the top 5 things you should do, see, eat and experience if you have a limited time in Paris! Plus we have given a few options so you can see which one suits you best!
What to do in Paris in One Day
DISCOVER YOUR INNER FOODIE
If you are a die-hard foodie asking yourself what to do or what to eat 😉 in Paris then rest assured! Many people consider Paris the gastronomical capital of the world. The Parisian streets are lined with endless restaurants, neo-bistros, modern cafés, traditional brasseries and everything in between, you really are spoilt for choice! However, the sheer quantity of choice, many of which are tourist traps, can make selecting a great restaurant a daunting task. So, here are some of the best places to go in Paris for food!
Brunch: Cafe de Flore has a very Parisian Brunch so it’s simple and delicious! You can enjoy great coffees or teas and fresh pastries, as or with your breakfast. If you want something different you can check out our other recommendations for brunch in Paris.
- Address: 172 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris
French Lunch: Comptoir des Gastronomes Paris – This is the perfect place to go and enjoy some traditional French food. All their dishes are a part of French cuisine and while many of them are considered gourmet, a meal here won’t break your budget!
- Address: 34 Rue Montmartre, 75001 Paris
Market: Marches Les Enfants Rouges is a local market filled with all types of foods. They have Japanese food, burgers, crepes and more. Its the perfect one-stop-shop for all things food!
- Address: 34 Rue Montmartre, 75001 Paris
If you want some other suggestions for places to eat you can check out our Paris Gourmet Guide!
There are endless options for shopping in Paris. No matter your style, taste or preference you are sure to find some truly lovely items. However, it is important that you know where to go when you are on limited time. So whether you are on the hunt for clothes, makeup, jewelry, bags or more we have a few suggestions on where you can go!
If you are looking for clothes a great option is Le Marais. This neighbourhood offers all types of shopping for every type of person. You can find great vintage shops, like Mad Vintage or beautiful boutique stores like Arty Dandy all in one place. The best part about these stores, especially, Arty Dandy is that you will have truly one of a kind pieces to add to your collection!
Make-Up and Skincare
French Skincare is very popular amongst international shoppers in Paris. Skincare products in France are known to be gentle on the skin yet effective, hence their popularity. A great place to get all your skincare needs is at Citypharma. Their stores are located near many famous monuments in Paris and their staff are extremely knowledgeable and can help you choose the right products for you and your skin!
Address: 26 Rue du Four – Corner 49 Rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris
Schedule: 8:30am-9pm Mon-Fri; 9am-9pm Sat
Make sure to download all our best Paris shopping and beauty offers here!
An All in One
While Paris has a few top-quality department stores, Le BHV Marais is an iconic, historical address in the trendy Marais area, and it is reputed as the department store of Parisians. You can get all you want in one spot from perfume to clothes and even furniture! It is the perfect place to look for a few things and the best part is that it is all in one spot! They are located on 52 Rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris.
A QUICK TOUR OF THE CITY’S SITES
Since you will have limited time, one of the best options for you to ensure you see the main sites of the city is to do a tour. You can do this by boat, bus or car. It is the ultimate way to knock off all the places that you want to see within a short space of time! After, if you have enough time you can always go back and see the sites you want to spend more time looking at or exploring! The two best ways to do this quickly is to do a boat tour or take a car tour. This is the best way to ensure that you see the major parts of the city (and not get lost).
- Taking a river cruise of the Seine: It only takes about an hour and you will see a majority of the main sites like Notre Dame, Grand Palais and the Eiffel Tower. We recommend using Vedettes de Paris. They have rooftop seats on some of their boats which are perfect for getting a good look at the monuments!
- Take a car ride around the city that will take you to each site: You can take it all in, learn about the landmark or place and then head to the next place all in one trip. We recommend using Cedric’s Paris. Their vintage cars and lovely tour guides make for a truly unique experience.
One of the best ways to end your day of sightseeing is to spend it eating great food, drinking fantastic wine and listening to some music. It is the perfect way to relax and see Paris at night after a day of exploring. We recommend enjoying a delicious meal (with some wine of course), then heading to a local jazz bar to listen to some music.
- Enjoy great wine and food at Juveniles Wine Bar, their delicious wines are paired with freshly prepared French dishes all made with locally sourced products. You will not be disappointed. You can make a reservation here.
- Address:47 Rue de Richelieu, 75001 Paris
- Jazz Club: For a really great Jazz Bar we recommend going to Duc des Lombards. Here you can enjoy some great jazz music by both local and international performers while having some drinks! Its the perfect place to relax and listen to some great music. You can also check their schedule here to see who will be performing and buy tickets.
- Address: 42 Rue des Lombards, 75001 Paris. (Please note that the venue will be closed from the 4th to the 22nd of August 2019)